I am currently a Humboldt Experienced Researcher Fellow at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy, University of Munich. I have recently been elected Board Member of the International Network for Economic Method and I am serving as Associate Editor for the Journal of Economic Methodology. Since 2016, I am an Associate Member of the Centre for the Philosophy of the Social Science, University of Helsinki. In the past, I held positions in The Netherlands, Finland, and Germany and I completed my Ph.D. in Logic and Philosophy of Science at Tilburg University. I have recently obtained the Habilitation to Associate Professor from the Italian Ministry of Higher Education.
My primary research interests are in general philosophy of science (models, explanations, interdisciplinary science), social philosophy (norms, game theory), and philosophy of economics (methodology of behavioral/experimental/development economics).
For an overview of my research, here is an interview that I had with 3:AM Magazine.
To download my CV as a pdf file click here.
- My book project “Coordination and Cooperation in Game Theory” is under contract with Cambridge University Press.
- Member of the “Open Access Committee” (with David Teira and Sophia Crüwell) appointed by the BSPS, the EPSA, and the PSA. We explore policies concerning open access in leading journals in the philosophy of science/special sciences.
Recent and Upcoming Talks:
- Invited talk, Bayreuth Philosophy Research Forum, University of Bayreuth, Germany, July 2023
- Lecturer, Ph.D. course “Scientific Collaboration”. University of Milan, Italy, April 2023
- Invited talk: Prof. Catherine Elgin’s (Harvard University) Book Manuscript, Humboldt Universität, Berlin, Germany, March 2023
- Talk “Are Article and Journal Metrics a Good Thing?” PSA, University of Pittsburgh, USA, November 2022
- Keynote Speaker at the Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies (ESDiT) Conference, Leiden, October 2022
- Symposium “Science Policies and Scientific Collaboration”, European Society For The History of Science Conference, Brussels, September 2022
- Invited Teacher at the International Rationality Summer Institute 2022, July 24 – August 5, Landau, Germany
- Invited talk “Norms about Norms” at the GroLog Seminar – Logic seminar of the University of Groningen, June 2022
- Invited talk “Explanatory Norms and Interdisciplinary Collaboration”, Colloquium of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies of Science (I2SoS), University of Bielefeld, June 2022
- Workshop “Philosophy of Social Sciences”, University of Milan, May 2022
- Workshop “Institutions and the Scientific Research Agenda”, University of Pittsburgh, April 2022