I am an Assistant Professor at Utrecht University and I hold a Ph.D. in Logic and Philosophy of Science from Tilburg University. Before Utrecht, I was a Humboldt Fellow at the LMU Munich and, before that, I held positions in The Netherlands, Germany, Finland, and Italy–both as Assistant Professor and Postdoctoral Fellow. I have recently obtained the Habilitation to Associate Professor from the Italian Ministry of Higher Education and I am pursuing my habilitation project at the LMU Munich.
Since 2021, I am an elected Board Member of the International Network for Economic Method and I am serving as Associate Editor for the Journal of Economic Methodology. Since 2016, I am an Associate Member of the Centre for the Philosophy of the Social Science, University of Helsinki.
My primary research interests are in general philosophy of science (models, explanations, interdisciplinary science), social philosophy (norms, game theory), and philosophy of economics (methodology of behavioral/experimental/development economics).
For an overview of my research, here is an interview that I had with 3:AM Magazine.
To download my CV as a pdf file click here.
- I have received the Peregrinus Prize 2023 from the Bavarian Academy of Science. This prize is awarded every two years to a junior scholar for publications that improve our understanding of interdisciplinary connections and resulting questions.
- My book project “Coordination and Cooperation in Game Theory” is under contract with Cambridge University Press.
- Member of the “Open Access Committee” (with David Teira and Sophia Crüwell) appointed by the BSPS, the EPSA, and the PSA. We explore policies concerning open access in leading journals in the philosophy of science/special sciences.
Recent and Upcoming Talks:
- Talk @ EPSA 2023, Belgrade, Serbia, September 2023
- Invited talk, Bayreuth Philosophy Research Forum, University of Bayreuth, Germany, July 2023
- Invited talk, Workshop on Formal and Social Epistemology, IUSS Pavia, Italy, July 2023
- Lecturer, Ph.D. course “Scientific Collaboration”. University of Milan, Italy, April 2023
- Invited talk: Prof. Catherine Elgin’s (Harvard University) Book Manuscript, Humboldt Universität, Berlin, Germany, March 2023
- Talk “Are Article and Journal Metrics a Good Thing?” PSA, University of Pittsburgh, USA, November 2022
- Keynote Speaker at the Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies (ESDiT) Conference, Leiden, October 2022