I am currently a Humboldt Experienced Researcher Fellow at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy, University of Munich. I have recently been elected Board Member of the International Network for Economic Method and I am serving as Associate Editor for the Journal of Economic Methodology. Between 2015 and 2022, I was an assistant professor at the University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, and a Board Member of the Centre for Philosophy, Politics & Economics at the University of Groningen. Since 2016, I am an Associate Member of the Centre for the Philosophy of the Social Science, University of Helsinki. Before that, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Helsinki, (2014-2016) and a Research Fellow at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy, University of Munich (2012-2013). I completed my PhD at the Tilburg Center for Logic and Philosophy of Science in October 2013.
My primary research interests are in general philosophy of science, philosophy of economics and social philosophy.
February 2022 — I have just obtained the Habilitation to Associate Professor from the Italian Ministry of Higher Education.
My paper “Norms^2: Norms about Norms” has just been accepted by Erkenntnis.
- Talk “Are Article and Journal Metrics a Good Thing?” PSA, University of Pittsburgh, USA, November 2022
- Keynote Speaker at the Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies (ESDiT) Conference, Leiden, October 2022
- Symposium “Science Policies and Scientific Collaboration”, European Society For The History of Science Conference, Brussels, September 2022
- Invited Teacher at the International Rationality Summer Institute 2022, July 24 – August 5, Landau, Germany
- Invited talk “Norms about Norms” at the GroLog Seminar – Logic seminar of the University of Groningen, June 2022
- Invited talk “Explanatory Norms and Interdisciplinary Collaboration”, Colloquium of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies of Science (I2SoS), University of Bielefeld, June 2022
- Workshop “Philosophy of Social Sciences”, University of Milan, May 2022
- Workshop “Institutions and the Scientific Research Agenda”, University of Pittsburgh, April 202